Make a brightly coloured worm on a rainy day. The length of your worm will depend on the number of egg cartons cups and the length of your ribbon.
You can add glitter, jewels, sequins or scraps of foil to dress it up.
* Paper egg carton
* Yellow craft paint
* Black craft paint
* Paint brush
* 7mm Wiggle eyes
* Red felt scrap
* Craft glue
* 2 Jingle bells
* 30 centimetres of ribbon
1. Cut the cups apart on the egg carton. Even out the edges so the cup will sit evenly upside down on the table.
2. Paint the outside of all the egg cups yellow. Let dry.
3. Using texters (or craft paint) put different color dots on the yellow cups.
4. Put one cup aside, for the head of your worm. Paint this cup black at the front.
5. Using the sharp point of the scissors, or a pen, punch 2 holes in each of the cups that will make up the body. The holes should be directly across from one another.
6. Punch one hole in the back of your worm's head.
7. Lace the ribbon through the holes to tie the worm together.
8. Tie a jingle bell on each end of the ribbon. One jingle bell for the tail and the other inside the head of the worm.
9. Cut a red tongue out of felt and glue on the front of the egg cup to make the mouth.
10. Glue 2 wiggle eyes at the front of the head. Let dry.
11. If you like, you can add a "leash" through the hole of the worm to walk it around