back to recipes
- 1 large Pace Farm egg
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 5 large apples
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- In a bowl, beat egg, milk and oil. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture until smooth (batter will be thick).
- Peel, core and cut apples into 1/2-in. rings.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Dip apple rings into batter; fry, a few at a time, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over hot fritters.
- Serve warm and if desired, drizzle with caramel sauce.