back to recipes
Pancakes with banana, walnuts & honey
- 1 Pace Farm egg
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 1/4 cups of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 bananas
- 3 tablespoons of honey (or as much as you like)
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts, toasted
- add maple syrup for a sweeter touch
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Make a hole in the middle of the flour and pour in the milk, egg, honey and melted butter and mix well until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat.
- Scoop the batter into the pan, using approx. 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook until the cupcakes are golden on both sides.
- In a medium bowl, toss the bananas with the honey until the bananas are completely coated.
- Head them in a small saucepan over low heat stirring often, until the bananas become softer.
- Toast the walnuts in a small saucepan over medium heat, toss the walnuts often to prevent them from burning, once they have turned a slight golden colour, remove them from the heat and set them aside.
- Assemble your pancakes, add your honey and banana compote on top of them, top with toasted walnuts and add a drizzle of maple syrup for extra sweetness.